CST Ethiopia represents the overseas development and humanitarian agencies of the Catholic Church from England and Wales (CAFOD), Scotland (SCIAF), and Ireland (Trócaire) in Ethiopia. The three agencies have over 40 years’ of experience in international development and humanitarian response and are each members of worldwide networks, including Caritas Internationalis. Currently, the three agencies jointly operate a single, integrated country programme in Ethiopia through the legal entity CST Ethiopia.
CST Ethiopia is implementing a country strategic plan focused on two programmes Women’s Empowerment and Resilient Communities, which integrates sustainable livelihoods, humanitarian and other (e.g. peacebuilding) programming.
As part of the CST Ethiopia Programme, CST Ethiopia/Trócaire has secured a grant from EU under the EUTF for a project entitled Stability and socio-economic development for vulnerable and marginalized communities in the Tigray region of Ethiopia (T05-EUTF-HOA-ET-76). The overall objective of the project is to promote stability and socio economic development in vulnerable and marginalised areas of the Tigray region, in Ethiopia. The project has two components namely; i) Promotion of peace building and conflict prevention among local populations living in peripheral areas of Tigray at regional, zonal, woreda and at community levels and ii) Improvement of socio-economic opportunities for the most vulnerable and marginalized populations of the Tigray region. The project is going to be implemented in partnership with 7 implementing partners for 42 months with a total budget of 5.89 million, starting in April 2021. As the lead organization, CST Ethiopia/Trócaire is planning to open a satellite office in Tigray for proper coordination and management of the project.
CST Ethiopia/Trócaire is seeking to hire a Consortium Manager with relevant experiences on managing consortium projects who is familiar to the area of operation.
For the candidate with the required experience and passion for the role, CST Ethiopia/Trócaire offers a competitive package of salary and benefits.
Scope of Role
The secretary/cashier is reported to Consortium Manger This role is an important role in the satellite office in Mekelle
The post will work closely with the satellite office team , CST Programme team, Consortium members, Implementing Partners staff, HQ colleagues, EU Delegation staff, and other stakeholders. The post holder will be:
- Accountable for safeguard the satellite office properties
- Responsible to maintain good in and out communication with partners and other stake holders
Responsible to Facilitate logistics arrangement to visitors in Mekelle and other places in the region
Key Duties amp; Responsibilities
- Maintains and safeguards cash and fuel coupons.
- Issue advances/floats to staff who are travelling
- Settle any outstanding advances as the Program account clears and approved by Consortium manager.
- Prepare quarterly cash flow request from Addis Ababa office as needed to the satellite office
- Issues official receipts for all collections.
- Deposits daily cash collections intact into bank the next working day.
- Records daily cash collections and payments and balances daily with cash on hand.
- Prepares checks for all authorized payments.
- Processes bank transfer and exchange of checks.
- Prepares daily bank accounts and cash balances.
- Performs any other related duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Checks the quantity, specifications and appropriateness of incoming items before receiving;
- Receives and issue properties in accordance with the rules and regulation of the organization;
- Stores incoming items in a proper way;
- Issues outgoing items from the store as per the relevant guideline;
- Follows up items to be stocked out and reports to the immediate supervisor;
- Prepares periodic reports;
- Arrange hotels and transport for visitors in collaboration with the Consortium manager and Gov’t amp; Liaison Coordinator
- Maintain roaster of hotels in the region for possible use
- Facilitate any meetings and relevant logistics as requested.
- Responsible for any incoming/outgoing communication relating to the satellite office
- Provide secretarial service for the team
- Responsible for photocopy and binding
- Responsible for the creation of conducive working condition in the office in collaboration with other staff
Secretarial amp; Communications
- Fulfil other reasonable duties and responsibilities, as requested by the Country Director and Programme Manager.
Person Specification Essential Requirements
- University Degree in Management or Office Administration
- Relevant experience in cash management
- Relevant in office management
- Proven experience in logistics and procurement
- Excellent skill in Computer skill with track record of Microsoft offices
- Highly organised, with excellent planning, prioritisation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Good understanding of (written and spoken) in English
- Good interpersonal relationships and team work skills
- Proactive, participatory and result oriented approach to work
- Culturally sensitive and diplomatic
- Willingness to travel, including independently
- Self-motivated with proven ability to take initiative, prioritise tasks and work to deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Availability to work outside normal hours to meet deadlines
- Commitment to principles of safeguarding of programme participants
Person Specification Desirable
- Experience in accounting or procurement
- Fluency in one or more local languages
- Experience managing EU- funded projects
- Experience working in partnerships with local and international NGOs
- Experience working in and coordinating consortium projects
As per the organization scale and Fringe benefit package