Job Classification : General Management
Department: Human Asset Management amp; Administration
Reports To: Country Manager/ CEO and functionally to Group Chief HR Officer
Direct Reports: Organisation Development Lead, Recruitment Lead, Talent amp; Performance Management Lead, Learning amp; Development Lead, Compensation amp; Benefits Lead, Head of Administration amp; Welfare Services, Head of Security Services, Head, Plant Clinic.
- Oversee and ensure efficient management of DCE’s human capital to build a highly skilled, motivated and engaged workforce to support the achievement of corporate strategic objectives.
- Champion adherence to approved best practices in Human Asset Management amp; Administration policies, procedures, and processes; ensure the entrenchment of corporate culture and values.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Cascade corporate strategic objectives into measurable objectives and plans for the HAM amp; Admin function and articulate measurable objectives and plans.
- Communicate the Country’s overall objectives to subordinates and ensure mutual understanding of roles, responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Define strategies, plans and programmes for recruitment, learning and development, career and performance management to enable attraction, development, motivation and retention of best-in-class talent to support achievement of corporate objectives.
- Check conformance of DCE’s facility management practices to Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures.
- Conduct periodic inspections to examine the conditions of the organization's facilities and ensure that maintenance contractors adhere to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Oversee the implementation of the organization's fleet management and operations plan to meet emerging and future transportation needs.
- Perform periodic checks to ensure the relevant security controls are in place across the Country.
- Assist heads of departments/ units in managing relationships with third party partners, regulatory agencies, service providers, etc.
- Drive periodic review and assessment of the relevance of DCE’s HAM amp; Admin policies, procedures and processes within the country and recommend improvement/ customization opportunities to Country and Group executives.
- Oversee the preparation of the Country HAM department’s annual budget and monitor its implementation.
- Ensure all HAM issues are resolved in line with SLAs and exceptions escalated to the Group Chief HR Officer where necessary.
- Review and authorise key HAM expenditures/ transactions within assigned country in line with approved financial authority limits.
- Provide periodic reports on country-wide HR activities and issues for the Country’s management and Board decision making.
- Provide input in the development of HR policies and procedures in line with leading best practices.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Country Manager/ CEO, Dangote Cement Ethiopia and Group Chief HR Officer.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any discipline.
- Masters’ in Business Administration or Post graduate degree in Human Resource Management or a related discipline.
- Professional qualification in Human Resource Management e.g. Senior Professional in Human Resource Management (SPHRM) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of Twenty Seven (27) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of DCE’s corporate strategy, policies, processes and targets
- In-depth knowledge and experience in human Asset management principles, processes and techniques covering areas such as organisation development, manpower planning, recruitment, learning and development, performance management, career management, reward and recognition, retention and exit management.
- Deep appreciation of local and global industry human asset management best practices.
- Strong strategic planning and execution skills.
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience in HAM strategy implementation.
- Good understanding of employee/industrial relations, as well as an appreciation of the dynamics of the labour and employment legislations in countries where the Group has a presence.
- Good knowledge of relevant applications to support HAM operations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Strong communication and networking skills.
- Good business writing skills.
- Good supervisory, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong proficiency in the use of MS Office tools particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training amp; Development